Showroom General Manager
The Robert Kime Limited shop in Ebury Street is the culmination of all that we do, in a unique and curated way for both the interior design trade and the discerning retail customer. Our showroom stemmed from Robert’s enthusiasm for interior decorating, and his vast collection grew out of his fascination with history and art. The idea is that the juxtaposition of elements makes original and interesting rooms. Robert Kime Limited is looking for a General Manager, who will be responsible for the day-to-day running and operations of the shop and its team. Ensuring that the shop is staffed and trained accordingly and that clients are looked after with brand-appropriate care and service. Ensuring that the shop is always presented on brand as well as guaranteeing exceptional client care. The General Manager will be responsible for the sales plan in the showroom, whilst establishing team and individual targets - reporting to senior management. You would be responsible for collating daily, weekly and monthly sales and inventory reports ensuring that the business performance expectations are met or exceeded.
- Hiring and training of staff who embody the Robert Kime brand ethos.
- Developing and reinforcing training guidelines and brand exceptions in conjunction with management.
- Establishing and maintaining standards for client relationships. Ensuring that they are up to the brands’ standards.
- Maintaining and growing, proactive relationships with clients.
- Oversight of all shop administrative and operational tasks in conjunction with RKL colleagues.
- Responsible for shop sales reports, working with established company systems.
- Work with senior management to create budgets and meet and exceed sales targets for the shop.
- Constant oversight of shop inventory levels and shop display standards, in conjunction with management and colleagues.
- Ensuring that all back-of-house areas are properly maintained and organised on a regular basis. Especially excess inventory, goods on hold and client-ready items.
- Supervision of all client orders and deliveries
- General Health & Safety administration in conjunction with Head Office guidelines.
- Supervision of overall maintenance of the shop and offices.
- Collaboration and coordination on public shop events and shop display logistics with colleagues.
- Previous team leadership and management experience.
- Extroverted and worldly/learned exposure to elevated lifestyles.
- Hands-on and unfazed by a variety of day-to-day responsibilities.
- Excellent time management and organisational skills.
- Must have excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
- High levels of attention to detail.
- Well-mannered, polite and able to interact in a professional manner with colleagues and clients from all walks of life.
- Enthusiasm for and keen interest in the design industry with a passion for client-facing retail.
- Superior IT skills with a focus on Apple and Microsoft programmes and products and the ability to quickly understand internal inventory and sales systems.
- A clear understanding and interpretation of all-encompassing service and the level that a Robert Kime client is looking for.
Robert Kime Limited also offer company benefits including Private Health Care, Income Protection and Personal Accident Cover.
If you are interested in the above role, please email your C.V. and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org