Due to the nature of fabrics supplied it is not always possible to obtain an exact colour match. Whilst we make every effort to ensure that colours correspond to our samples, slight variations may occur. Should you require a close colour match, we recommend that a stock cutting is requested and approved and a reservation made for the appropriate quantity of fabric.Colour Fastness
Our fabrics are not guaranteed against colour fading.Cleaning
Dry cleaning is recommended for our fabrics. Up to 5% shrinkage can be expected.Pilling
Our fabrics are not guaranteed against pilling.Seam Slippage
Our fabrics are not guaranteed against seam slippage.Shrinkage
A residual shrinkage/stretch of 2% should be allowed in making loose covers and curtains.Silks
All silks tend to be more susceptible to fading than most other fabrics. Lining and interlining is strongly recommended when using these fabrics for curtains and blinds.Treatments
No liability will be accepted for changes in appearance, performance, or defects in any of our fabrics if they are treated after purchase by spraying or processing of any kind, including flame proofing or the application of stain repelling treatments.Prices
Prices do not include carriage, freight and insurance, and are subject to alteration without notice.Payment Terms
For credit account customers our terms are strictly 30 days net from date of invoice. Once an account becomes overdue for payment, supplies may be automatically suspended until the account is brought up to date.Confirmations & Cancellations
In the event of an order cancellation no charge will be made if the fabric has not been cut; otherwise a 20% handling charge will be made. All cancellations must be made in writing.Returned Goods
Returns will not be accepted without prior agreement. A 20% handling fee, plus any carriage costs, will be deducted from the credit. Robert Kime Ltd will not accept returns if: Invoices are dated over 30 days, the fabric/trimming has been cut, order is 5 metres or less, this is a Custom Order, fabric has been treated (fire retarded, etc).Deliveries to Third Parties
Where deliveries are made to third parties (curtain makers, upholsterers etc) on the instructions of the customer, it is the responsibility of the customer to ensure that the correct material is received. We cannot accept claims after the fabric has been cut. Also, no claims will be accepted in respect of any costs of making up.Faulty Goods
Fabrics should be carefully inspected prior to cutting. Whilst every effort is made to inspect each order, errors can be made and damage or creasing may occur in transit. Therefore it is essential that no length be cut until you are satisfied with the fabric in all respects. Any claim must be put in writing within 7 days of receipt of the fabric/trimming.Liability
All goods are supplied by us on condition that our liability for any fault or defect in the quality, condition, description or fitness for any purpose, is limited in amount to a sum not exceeding the purchase price of the particular goods. In no circumstances whatsoever shall the company be liable for indirect or consequential loss or damage.Title
Title to, and ownership of the relevant goods remains the absolute and unencumbered property of Robert Kime Ltd until full payment is received.Terms and Conditions
1. Robert Kime Ltd warrants that all Items supplied by them and their duly authorised agents and sub-contractors are free from defects for 12 months from the date of supply and that they and their duly authorised agents and sub-contractors use all reasonable skill and expertise in the identification and description of Items. This warranty does not affect the statutory rights of the Client.
2. The above warranty does not apply to any defect in or affecting the Items arising from fair wear and tear, wilful damage, accident, negligence by the Client or any third party, use otherwise than as recommended by Robert Kime Ltd or their authorised agents and sub-contractors, failure to follow their instructions, or any alteration or repair carried out without their approval.
3. If the Items develop any defect while under warranty, or the Client has any other complaint about the Items, the Client should notify Robert Kime Ltd in writing.
4. The Client warrants that he has not relied on any representations made by or on behalf of Robert Kime Ltd as to any descriptions, illustrations or specifications of the Items contained in the catalogues, web site or publicity material produced by or on behalf of Robert Kime Ltd, all of which are only intended to convey a general idea of the Items mentioned in them.
5. Notwithstanding delivery and the passing of risk in the Items (including any instalment of the Items or any part of them) the ownership of the Items shall not pass to the Client until Robert Kime Ltd has received cash or cleared funds payment in full of the price for the Items and all other sums which are or become due and payable by the Client to Robert Kime Ltd from the Client on any account.
6. Until such time as the ownership of the Items has passed to the Client, the Client shall:
7. The Client shall be entitled to resell the Items before ownership has passed to him solely on the following conditions:
8. Until such time as the property in the Items passes to the Client (and provided the Items are still in existence and have not been resold) the Client grants Robert Kime Ltd and their duly authorised agents and sub-contractors an irrevocable licence at any time to enter any premises where the Items are or may be stored in order to inspect them, or, where the Client's right to possession is terminated, to recover them.
9. Robert Kime Ltd shall be entitled to recover payment for the Items notwithstanding the ownership of any of the Items as not passed from Robert Kime Ltd.
10. The Client shall not be entitled to pledge or in any way charge by way of security for any indebtedness any of the Items which remain the property of Robert Kime Ltd but if the Client does so all monies owing by the Client to Robert Kime Ltd shall (without prejudice to any other right or remedy of Robert Kime Ltd) forthwith become due and payable.
11. The Client's right to possession of the Items shall terminate immediately if: